Finding a good book is definitely not an easy task to do. You read reviews, getting suggestions from friends and sometimes you ended up asking yourself why I read it. In order to help you pass that stage I gathered the award winning Amazon books of 2018.
All the Amazon books that I picked are different so you will find something that you will like, I hope you haven’t read them all so there would be something for you to spend your relaxing moments.
1. Children of Blood and Bone is a New York Times best seller novel and one of the award winning Amazon books of Goodreads with over 2.000 reviews. The Author Tomi Adeyemi mentioned that is only the start of an epic, new series of books. It is influenced by Adeyemi’s West African Heritage and it focuses on religious deities (the Orisha), the book is told from multiple points of view and it describes the journey of two children which is accompanied by violence and betrayal. The Children of Blood and Bone takes on injustice, discrimination and the struggle of change, you won’t want to stop reading it! It is priced at $10.99 for prime members
2. When you see the name of Stephen King you know that would be a great book. This Novel called “The Outsider” and is soon to be an HBO limited series, it has over 4.000 reviews on Amazon books with more than 4.5 stars. Did that persuade you? If not, check the story.
The story begins with an 11 year old boys violated corpse in the park, eyewitnesses, fingerprints point unmistakably to one of the most well-known and popular citizens of Flint city. The case to him seems so solid and they order a public arrest, the citizen has an alibi but soon more evidence will come through to the surface. What will happen? Find more by starting the book which it is priced at $16.39
3. The hate you give is one of those Amazon books that you read them and then realize some of the things that we see and experience everyday that they just pass without anything really change.
The book is describing the Sixteen year old life of Starr Carter which lives between two worlds. the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy school that she attends. She realises the difference between those two when she witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. What really went down though that night? The book is priced at $7.71
4. Little fires everywhere is a book by Celeste Ng, with over 4.000 great reviews and nominated as the best book of the year by People, The Washington Post, The daily beast and many more it is a great option if you haven’t read it.
The book explores the weight of secrets, the nature of the art and the identity. Also, the pull of the motherhood and the classic rule that we all believe thing that works but it doesn’t that “following the rules can avert any disaster”. The book is priced at $21.29 for prime users
5. This is for you who are looking a lot of the times to the stars and you are wondering and looking for answers. Astrophysics for people in a hurry is such a great book, Neil deGrasse Tyson attempts to explain some of the most complex astrophysics concepts in simple terms. Reading the book you will tackle a couple of topics such as gravity, the speed and makeup of light, the shape of the space and much more. It is priced at $9.49
6. So so different book that really gives you something to think and get with you when you stop reading it. Frans De Waal did a groundbreaking job on animal intelligence. Based on research which involves a couple of animals like crows, dolphins, parrots, sheep, wasps and more Frans explores both the scope and the depth of animal intelligence. Through the book you will be able to understand how science has stood traditional behaviorism by revealing how smart animals really are and how we’ve underestimated their abilities for too long. The book is priced at $19.54 for prime
7. The Dead Wake book has over 6.000 great reviews and it is one of the classic great Amazon books for WWI. If you are looking for a of history book then keep on reading. It is is focusing on the enthralling story of the sinking of Lusitania, it is a story where many of us think we know but we really don’t, Dead Wake captures the drama and emotional power of a disaster whose details and true meaning have been vague by history. It is priced at $13.99 for Kindle
8. Is one of the great Amazon books of 2019 and it is a mix of Hitchcockian suspense, Agatha Christie plotting and Greek tragedy. The plot is the following: A woman’s act of violence against her husband – and of the therapist obsessed with uncovering and finding her motive. If you are into thriller books then this is a great book for you, it is priced at $13.49 for prime users!
9. The Friend is such a nice novel by Sigrid Nunez. It is a moving story of love, friendship, grief and the magical bond that only pet owners get between a woman and her dog. The story starts when the woman unexpectedly loses her lifelong best friend and she finds herself with the unwanted dog that he has left behind. Apart from all that dogs are also prohibited in her building, while others worry that she is been a victim of the grief she refuses to separate from the dog but while troubles abound, rich and surprising rewards lie in store for both of them. The book is priced at $25
10. Following her previous best seller “The Girl on the Train”, Paula Hawkins returns with another one, this book was rewarded as the best mystery and thriller book. Regarding the story, two people are being found dead on the river that runs through the town, a single mother and a vulnerable teenage girl, left behind is a lonely 15 year old girl, parentless and friendless. The book is focusing on the deceptiveness of emotion and memory, as well as the the reasons and ways that the past can reach a long arm into the present. It is priced at $28
So these were my top 10 Amazon book recommendations for this post, if you like them please share and comment! Let me know which books you liked from this year and which ones you think should be in this list! Happy reading!